Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Thankful for 30 Days - Day 6

Books


I like to read.  As a matter of fact I love to read.  That wasn't always the case. When I was younger I hated to read.  I have a learning disability and struggled to learn to read as a child.  I wanted to give up on reading back then.  I thought I would never learn how to read and it was too hard.  It was such a difficult process at the time, but I had the support of really amazing parents, teachers, tutors and friends.  Eventually after a lot of work and time I learned to read. As I continued to learn to read I discovered that an amazing world of imagination would open up to me.  I found books that I loved and enjoyed. The first book I read was over 100 pages and it took me over a year to read that book, but I did it! It was like a magical door opened up to me.   I learned as I read.  Not just to read but about everything.  I learned about people, places, events, facts, reality, fantasy and fairy tales.   I soaked up all the information I could get from books. Whole new worlds opened up to me when I learned to read and I picked up a book.  I loved the adventure of reading and still do.  That is why today I am grateful for books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment