Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thankful for 30 Days - Day 14

Spanish Language 


My husband learned Spanish while he was in Monterrey Mexico for 2 years.  He served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  While my husband was in Mexico he learned to love the culture and the people.   I am very thankful that my husband learned Spanish while he served in Mexico.  My husband will and has used his language skills to help out.  It’s neat to see him notice someone struggling with English and he offers to help in Spanish. I love the look of relief and the smile that comes across these people’s faces when they realize he speaks their language.   We work on a service project at one of the local schools when we were engaged.  Many of the families that offered to help with the clean up and who had children attending the school spoke Spanish.  It was neat to see my husband offer to help with translating and leading a team of volunteers.  I was very impressed with my husband’s language skills on that project.  At the time I had never before heard him speak that much Spanish.  I love the sound of the Spanish language. I also love when my husband tells me he loves me or sends me a sweet little note in Spanish.  I love trying to figure out what is says.  (I don’t speak Spanish.  I learned German in High School and College) I hope to one day learn this beautiful language. 

No comments:

Post a Comment