Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thankful for 30 Days - Day 3

The End of Daylight Savings Time



Goodbye Daylight Savings Time (DST)!

 I live in a state that doesn't have daylight savings time.  I am so thankful that I don’t have to worry about switching my clocks back and forth.  I have lived in other States and had daylight savings time and let me tell you.  I’m not a fan.  I don’t really see the point in it.  You can’t save daylight or time.  The Sun will come up and go down around the same time depending on the season.  We can’t change that.  We can’t store up daylight.  If we are storing it up then I say we vote to use it in the long dark cold months of December and January.  We could all use some extra sunshine then.  For me daylight savings time is silly.  It’s just waking up an hour earlier and telling ourselves it’s the same time. 


Well, by now you are asking yourselves why I am saying goodbye or even care about DST.  Well I have family that lives in other States.  DST makes it hard to stay in contact with them.  I love this time of year because now most of my family is on the same time as us.  Also, those that live on the East Coast are only 2 hours different.  It may not seem like these little hours here or there make a difference but they do.  It is such a blessing to be able to keep in contact with family over many miles and great distances.  Now thanks to the end of DST it is just an hour easier to have that contact.  That is why I’m grateful for the end of daylight savings time.

No comments:

Post a Comment