Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Infertility on TV


Maybe it’s just me but it seems like more and more shows are talking about infertility. 

·         Last night I was watching TLC’s “The Little Couple”.  This show chronicles the life of Jen and Bill Arnold.  On the show they were going through the process of surrogacy. 

·         Then I was flipping through channels and “Chloe and Lamar” on E channel was on and the show was about how Chloe was being tested for infertility. 

·         ‘Pregnant in Heels” on Bravo channel is about Rosie Pope who has struggled with infertility.  Not to mention that several of her clients have also run into infertility issues before their pregnancies. 

I could go on and on about the different show lately.  I don’t really think that there is more out there.  I just think that maybe I am noticing it more because of my own situation.  The other reason why I think I am seeing this more is because I think it has become more acceptable to talk about infertility.  I think that infertility is no longer this deep dark shameful secret. 

I know that personally I like to share others stories.  It helps me to deal with my own story and also I feel like I am educated a little bit more which each story that I hear.  I see that my feeling and up and downs are normal.  I don’t feel so alone in this process because others know what I feel and what I am going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment