Thursday, May 19, 2011

Couponing


Did you know that there is this whole big world of couponing?  Well, I sure didn’t!  I mean, my husband has occasionally used a coupon for a restaurant/ fast food place or on an item in the Grocery Store.  That is where my coupon world was at until “Extreme Couponing”.  I must say that I am fascinated by TLC’s new show “Extreme Couponing”.  At first I was skeptical that this show would be good.  I figured that it would not really have much savings. Wow, was I wrong!  I’m a huge fan now. The show is a little addicting.  I love to watch all these Men and Women fill up their 4 or 5 carts with items.  My heart starts racing with them when I see the total.  I start getting nervous for them and the cost.  Then the coupons and store cards start coming out and my mind is blown by the savings.  I can’t wait to see what the next persons total will be and how much they might save. It has inspired me to use coupons.  Not, that I am anywhere near the Extreme Couponing status but instead of throwing them out I am more likely to see if I can use them.  If you haven’t check out this show then I recommend it.  Just remember, you have been warned that you might get a little bit addicted to it.

2 comments:

  1. I used to coupon & some of the deals I got were pretty extreme too! Like $300 worth of groceries for $10.. It was lots of fun, let me tell ya! Buuuuttt, it also took a LOT of time and effort & the food I came home with was usually very unhealthy. For me it ended up not being worth all that effort. But I still look back at those days (rediculously low grocery receipts) with fond memories... Good luck, it is just as addicting as it appears & lots of fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete