Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Disappointment

               
                I feel like I am getting worse and worse at handling disappointment.  I wish I could be more Optimistic, Hopeful, and Faithful.  It just seems like with every disappointment it gets harder and harder to pick myself up and pull myself back together.  I think I get discouraged a little too easy. 
My new goal is to work on handling disappointment better.  That way I can teach myself how to better handle disappointing situations and the setbacks of life.  So, with that in mind I am making myself a handy dandy disappointment action plan.
·         Reevaluate my expectations
·         Talk about my feelings/Supportive friends and family
·         Don’t set my hopes to high / Be realistic
·         Look for the lesson in the situation
·         Look Forward not back
·         Focus on accomplishments not failures
·         Have a contingency plan
·         Work hard and don’t give up
·         Keep my perspective
·         Find good/fun things to occupy my time
·         A sense of humor and laughter help

Next time I feel disappointed and overwhelmed I now have a plan. The fun part will be implementing it and working on my new goal.  (I have already started working on a few things on this list just by making this plan. Go me!!) I am hoping that it will help me to focus on the positives and not the negatives then maybe I will have more of those traits that I wished for above.

1 comment:

  1. What a great plan!! And let me tell ya, you are on the right track with laughter. I didn't know how to laugh at myself or at life before I married Jason. He taught me how to see the funny in things and it has made such a huge difference! It is a trait that can be learned and when you can laugh it takes sooo much of the stress right out of the situation. Good luck my friend! You can do it!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete