Monday, May 9, 2011

Women in the Scriptures

 Hannah
 Rebekah
Shunamite Woman
 
Sarah  
 Rachel
Elisabeth


                My heart has found comfort in the scriptures.  I have been studying the women in the Bible.  Women such as: Sarah, Rebekah, Rachel, Hannah, Shunamite Woman and Elisabeth.   These amazing women all went through and dealt with infertility.  It is these women that have become my role models, heroes and friends.  These sisters have shared heartbreak, they have longed for children, they have even asked why and they have continued forward regardless of the outcome.  In essence they have shared the same journey that many women have when dealing with infertility. What better role model could a woman have?   I find as I study these women each one shows me new things about themselves, infertility and about myself.  What a blessing to have the scriptures!
Sarah/Sarai Story -- Genesis Chapter 18
Rebekah Story -- Genesis Chapter 25
Rachel's Story -- Genesis Chapter 30
Hannah's Story -- 1 Samuel Chapter 1 & 2
Shunamite Woman's story -- 2 Kings Chapter 2, 3 & 4
Elisabeth's Story --  Luke Chapter 1

No comments:

Post a Comment