Monday, April 18, 2011

Our Story/Our Journey

Our Story
I really dislike telling our story.  I don’t feel like it really has an end which is true since this is the journey of life and we are at the start of the infertility journey.  It’s also such a delicate and heartbreaking situation for us.  Our emotions are so raw and it’s difficult to share something so emotional to us.  I know that in having read others stories I have been strengthened.  So I am going to share ours.  We are still only at the beginning of this journey.
                My Husband and I have been married for 3 years this April.  We were married later in life by LDS standards. (Which in this case we are older than the standard 19 and 22 year old bride and groom scenario) We were both 27 when we met and 28 when we got married.  After a year of marriage we decided we would start our family.  We assumed that this would be any easy process.  We thought that if we just stopped using birth control that we would soon have a family.  Two years later and we still have no children in our home.
After the first year of trying I remember going into see my doctor. I wasn’t too worried about not having any children yet.  I just figured that I was stressed with working 40+ hours a week and I had recently and unexpectedly lost my Grandmother. (Our second year of marriage was horrible.  I swear it was all bad news that year.  I didn’t think I could handle another piece of bad news. Unlucky for me the doctor dropped another bad news bomb in my life.  Apparently, I forgot to send her the memo about no bad news.)  I can’t think of anything worse to hear at a doctor’s appointment.  After a year of trying and no baby that we would be considered infertile.  I remember I cried so hard in that doctor’s office.  My doctor decided to have a follow up appointment to run a few test.  So 2weeks later I was back in the doctor’s office.  My tests were fine and there didn’t appear to be any problems.  We had a little bit of good news with that appointment.
                Now we come to today.  The Doctor has recommended that we have my husband checked out.  As you might imagine he is super excited (lots of sarcasm thrown in here.  To my husband this is worse than saying he needs to go to the dentist ).  Then to make matters worse insurance doesn’t cover any of the testing.  What is the point of having and paying insurance when it doesn’t cover testing?  So we are now in the researching and deciding stage.  I’m sure I will post more on this in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment