Sunday, October 9, 2011

Baby Blessings


I guess it’s the time of year but with the arrival of so many bundles of joy. It’s also that time of year to attend baby blessings.  Typically, I love supporting family and friends on their new endeavors in life.  I love going to wedding receptions, birthday parties and baptisms.  I even attend baby blessings.  I guess I am that lady who puts on a brave face and attends.  In the past I haven’t had any problems going.  I am truly happy for my friends and family on their new stage in life.  Lately, though I have been struggling to have the brave face for baby blessings.  The last one I attended I started crying during and had a rough time pulling myself together afterwards.  I attended the little luncheon after for a few seconds but felt like I was having a melt down from all the baby talk.  I ended up leaving early for my sake and theirs, but mostly mine.  The funny thing about this is event was I didn’t even feel bad.  That is a first for me.  Usually I feel guilty about leaving or for feeling the way I feel.  Not this time.  I must say I was pretty proud of myself.  I think I am growing and understanding myself better.  Also, it shows that I am acknowledging the way I feel and taking time for myself.  I also decided not to attend another baby blessing so soon after the last one.  I knew I wasn’t ready to attend another one so I didn’t and my husband fully supported my decision.  I guess these little experiences have shown me that it’s okay to feel the way I feel and its okay to say no to baby blessings and not attend.   

No comments:

Post a Comment