Sunday, February 19, 2012

"Whys?"







What do you say when a little kid asks you “Why don’t you have any kids?” I get asked this question a lot from little kids.  I guess it because I am in primary and I have tons of little nieces and nephews.  I know that they don’t ask this question to hurt me or to upset me.  They just want to know.  There ages always vary but it always the same question of “Why?”.  I have been thinking a lot about these questions lately.  I am getting better at answering the Whys for the little ones.  I have resorted to saying “Heavenly Father hasn’t sent me any yet.” Or “They are having too much fun in heaven with our (Insert name of loved ones that have recently returned home to Heaven).” I will admit to getting them to pray on our behalf and ask Heavenly Father to send us a baby.  (Hey, you can’t blame a girl for asking/trying.  There is something to be said for the prayer of a child).  I guess I just sometimes wish there was someone to answer my whys.  I just have to remind myself that sometimes life comes with questions that have no answers and that is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment