Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Help




I just finished reading the most amazing book.  I read “the Help” and I loved it.  What an amazing book that touches upon all of life’s emotions.   I felt like I went through every emotion in this book.  I was angry and sad.  I wanted to kick some characters and hug others.  It really is very good.  I felt like I was on the same journey towards self discovery that all the characters in the book were on.
 I loved the character of Skeeter.  I was reminded of what it’s like to be single when all my girlfriends were married and how dating can be such a crazy mess.  I also had a special place in my heart for Celia Foote.  I felt such a kinship with her struggle to have a family.  I cried at a truly touching emotional scene between her and her husband.   I also loved the characters of Aibileen and Minny. I loved that they were two strong, loving and hard working women. They were women who did the right thing regardless of the consequences.  I also liked the sense of hope in these stories regardless of the challenges.  The messages in this book are so strong and though provoking.
I recommend reading this book.  I can’t wait to see the movie.  If it’s half as good as the book then I am sure I will love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment