Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I have been a slacker

I haven’t much felt like writing lately.  It isn’t that I don’t have reason to.  I just haven’t had the heart for three reasons.

1.       My sweet little 18 month old niece Paige passed away.  My niece was born with a heart defect.  Paige was a miracle that lived 18 months longer than the doctors expected.  We knew right from the start that Paige was a special little spirit.  Paige brought such joy and love into everyone’s life.  Heaven’s gain is our loss.  What a blessing it is to have such an amazing niece.  



2.       I started a new job.  Which is great news but there is the eventually questions of “So, Do you have any children?”  I know that they are trying to be nice and trying to get to know but it still aches to be asked this question.  I want to cry whenever this question comes up but instead I just smile and say no not yet. 





3.       The last reason is because the summer baby season is rough.  I can pretty much tell you that everyone around me is either pregnant or having a baby (at least that’s what it feels like).  I am happy for them but so sad for myself.  I know it seems like a pity party and sometimes it is but those are the facts.


So forgive me for not writing sooner.  Hopefully this little note will jump start me back down a positive path on my infertility journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment